Friday, May 12th, 2023: Move over, Rihanna! Syracuse Academy of Science juniors & seniors glammed up in their fiercest dress or suit to stun the red carpet at the Met Gala themed prom! It was a night to remember for our Atoms dancing the night away at Traditions at the Links.
Check out Syracuse Academy of Science’s version of best dressed at the Met.
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023: Congressman Brandon Williams came to visit Syracuse Academy of Science Elementary School. 2nd graders wrote two letters to his office inviting him to be a speaker to our students. We were honored that he chose to accept our offer! The Congressman not only spent some time reading to Atoms, but he also told them about why he chose a job in the government and how his desire to make changes to our country and serve the citizens was his driving force. He told us that he hasn't been part of the government for very long, only about 100 days, and shared what he did for a living before entering the government. Congressman Williams was in the Navy and spent most of his time on a submarine off the coast of San Francisco. He shared details with students about how long he was on the submarine, what he ate, how large it was, and how the submarine could descend and then return to the water's surface. Students could also ask questions about the hardest and best parts of his job as a Congressman!
SANY Superintendent Dr. Hayali took the Congressman and his wife on a tour of our school. What a wonderful experience for our 2nd-grade Atoms! Thank you, Congressman Williams!
Thursday, March 23rd, 2023: Ian Mortimer, the President of the Golisano Institute in Rochester, visited Syracuse Academy of Science high school. The Golisano Institute is a nonprofit that offers an innovative approach for high school graduates looking to enter the business world. The 24-month certificate program will focus on business and entrepreneurship and have students ready to join the workforce in just two years. Golisano Institute has partnered with more than 50 prominent businesses to allow more direct exposure to real business experience. With a tuition of $8,900 a year with scholarships available, students will leave without excessive debt and be ready to take on the real world.
Tom Golisano says, “We created this school to make a great business education within reach of anyone who truly wants it.”
It’s an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to build a professional network or start a business.
Thank you, Ian, for your time.
The Science Academies of New York’s newest school, Citizenship & Science Academy of Rochester, is accepting Kindergarten through 3rd graders for the 2023-24 school year. Come be a part of SANY, where students thrive on STEM-based curriculum, small class sizes, and get a high-quality public school education tuition-free! Apply now at csarochester.org and help us build success one atom at a time.
Wednesday, March 8th, 2023: “Dream with ambition, lead with conviction, and see yourself in a way that others might not see you, simply because they’ve never seen it before. And we will applaud you every step of the way," Vice President Kamala Harris.
We thank the strong women at the Science Academies of New York who contribute their time, talent, and dedication to educating and inspiring our students. Thank you for everything you do today and every day.
Write-up: Sunday, March 5th, 2023: The Syracuse Academy of Science robotics team competed in the FTC MVCC Excelsior Championship. With Mr. Zengin's direction, robotics team members won three out of five matches before moving on to the semi-finals and finals. One team from our alliance and Inspire award winner advanced to the next level!
Thursday, March 2nd, 2023: “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader!” It’s National Read Across America Day, also known as Dr. Seuss’s birthday!
Did you know children who read 1,000,000 words a year are in the top two percent of reading achievement? That may sound like a lot, but reading just 20 minutes a day adds up to reading 1,800,000 words yearly!
And it’s the fastest way to build vocabulary - Children learn 4,000–12,000 words every year by reading.
We hope you can find 20 minutes to read today!
Want to know why CSAR Atoms are dancing with joy? They want everyone to know that Citizenship & Science Academy of Rochester is accepting new students for the 2023-24 school year!
CSARCS provides high-quality STEM and environmental-based education for students. Centered around college prep, our small class sizes provide an intimate learning environment where each student can thrive in their success.
Be part of the Science Academies of New York’s newest charter school and grow with SANY!
Nothing’s gonna hold you back from applying to the Science Academies of New York! We’re rolling out the red carpet to welcome new families to our schools.
If you want a challenging and beneficial atmosphere with small class sizes to promote an intimate teacher-student dynamic, look no further than SANY. Our STEM-based curriculum is centered around college preparation to ensure your child is ready to further their education and career after graduation. The best part is tuition is free!
So what are you waiting for.
Apply now and grow with SANY.
Do you want to find out how we build success one atom at a time? Or how we create an environment that allows your child to shine with the individuality they deserve? Or that we focus on college curriculum from the minute your child walks through our doors?
If you’re looking for a diverse, intimate, challenging, and exciting school for your child, look no further than the Science Academies of New York (SANY) Charter Schools. We genuinely believe in our motto, “Many Atoms, One Family,” and we strive to give your child the best learning environment possible while making them feel part of our family. We want every student to walk through our doors and feel at home, like they belong.
And the best part? It’s tuition free. Find out how we are building success one atom at a time, and enroll your child now. The Science Academies of New York Charter Schools is accepting applications for the 2023-24 school year.
Apply here for Syracuse & Utica Schools: http://apply.sany.org
Apply here for Rochester School: http://apply.csarochester.org
All applications are due by April 1st, 2023.
Dear Science Academies of New York Charter Schools Community,
How is it already Holiday Break? It seems like we were welcoming students back on campus for the new school year just yesterday. The end of the year is a time for reflection and remembrance. We are thankful for where we came from and have a moment to think about where we are going as we pursue the future with hope.
During the busyness of the holiday season, I want to reflect on everything we have accomplished at SANY so far.
Syracuse Academy of Science
- Syracuse Academy of Science became eligible to award volunteers in the greater Syracuse area for President's Volunteer Service Awards (PSVA).
- 13 Syracuse Academy of Science High School students receive Congressional Awards.
- Syracuse Academy of Science students take home gold, silver, and bronze medals in the 2022 CNY Steamboat Competition.
- Atoms in Mr. Yaman's Turkish class travels to Washington, DC for the Turkish festival.
- Third and fourth grade Syracuse Academy of Science students had the once-in-a-lifetime experience of watching President Joe Biden’s convoy pass the school on their way up to Onondaga Community College during the President’s visit in October.
- Syracuse Academy of Science high school Robotics Team wins first place in the CNY Bridge Building Competition.
- Syracuse Academy of Science raises more than $1,000 for the family of Nezamiyah White; after she passed away from a house fire.
- Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh visits Syracuse Academy of Science elementary school during College & Career Week.
Citizenship & Science Academy of Syracuse
- Citizenship & Science Academy of Syracuse middle school hosts back to school night for parents to meet teachers and see the new classrooms.
- Senator Rachel May visits the Citizenship & Science Academy of Syracuse fourth graders as a guest speaker.
- Citizenship & Science Academy of Syracuse raised more than $1,000 to help support Nezamiyah White’s family.
- Citizenship & Science Academy of Syracuse middle school holds the first academic award ceremony of the year.
- Citizenship & Science Academy of Syracuse dance team makes a debut.
Utica Academy of Science
- Utica Academy of Science high school cybersecurity class participates in a two-day bootcamp in Virginia.
- Utica Academy of Science elementary school teacher, Ms. Parr starts a band program.
- Utica Academy of Science High School holds a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the newly renovated gymnasium.
- Utica Academy of Science high school wins a bronze medal in the CNY Steamboat Challenge.
- SUNY POLY accepts Utica Academy of Science high school students on instant decision day.
- 10 teams from Utica Academy of Science junior senior high school compete in CNY Bridge Building Challenge.
- SANY CFO Mr. Akyar and District Safety Coordinator Mr. Basic participate in the 7th National School Safety and Security Conference & Workshop in Houston, Texas.
- 11 Utica Academy of Science Seniors are accepted to Utica University on instant decision day.
- Girls Varsity basketball celebrates their first win ever as a varsity team.
- Utica Academy of Science junior senior high school dance team made their debut.
Citizenship & Science Academy of Rochester
- Citizenship & Science Academy of Rochester opens for the school year.
Looking at that long list of accomplishments, it’s hard to believe we are only halfway through the year! We can tackle anything as long as we work together as many atoms, one family.
Dr. Tolga Hayali
- SANY District Safety Coordinator Participates in National Student Safety and Security Conference
- College & Career Week: Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh Visits 1st Grade Atoms
- SANY Community Mourning the Loss of a Student
- Random Acts of Kindness Club Donates Over 500 Cans to Food Bank of CNY
- Teachers & Staff get Served in Volleyball Game Against SAS Students
- SAS Middle School Atoms Have Lunch with Superintendent, Dr. Hayali
- SANY CFO, Mr. Akyar, and Mr. Basic Attend 7th National School Safety Conference
- The Future is Yours: Micron Visits SAS HS
- Welcome, Mr. President: SAS ES Students Wave as Motorcade Drives Past School
- 12 CSASCS Students have Lunch with SANY Superintendent Dr. Hayali